Questions on cardiomyopathy
- What is cardiomyopathy? H197
- What are the types of cardiomyopathies? H198
What is cardiomyopathy?
Cardiomyopathy is defined as “a heterogeneous group of diseases of the myocardium associated with mechanical and/or electrical dysfunction that usually (but not invariably) exhibit inappropriate ventricular hypertrophy or dilatation and are due to a variety of causes that frequently are genetic”.
* Pre-exam preparation for medicine, HN Sarker
What are the types of cardiomyopathies?
The types of cardiomyopathies are:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Obliterative cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
* Pre-exam preparation for medicine, HN Sarker; Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition Page: 634